Indian executives high on morale; more satisfied with jobs
New Delhi: In a contrast to the gloomy sentiment in the US, Indian executives have higher morale and are more satisfied with their current positions, a survey has said.
According to an Executive Quiz by global executive
recruitment firm Korn/Ferry International, close to 50 percent of the Indian executives surveyed are either extremely or
satisfied with their current position compared to just 37 percent in the US.
"Despite the lackluster job market (Indian) executives
are happy with their jobs, have high employee morale and trust
for corporate leadership. There was a 10 percent variation
that was seen with the satisfaction levels in their current
position where 37 percent were satisfied in the US and 47 percent in India," the survey stated.
In terms of employee morale within their company, 79 percent of Indian executives said it was `good` or `outstanding`,
followed by `fair` by 21 percent but no one said it was poor.
However, 45 percent of employed executives in the US
said the morale was either `fair` or `poor` followed by 55 percent who said `good` or `outstanding`, the survey revealed.
"In this economic environment, it is heartening to see
Indian executives are showing positive signs across parameters
such as trust, employee morale and aspirations to climb
corporate ladder," Korn/Ferry International in India Managing
Director Deepak Gupta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?