Indian football team returns from Barcelona
New Delhi: The Indian football team returned home after their month-long training tour of Barcelona in preparation for the August 19-31 Nehru Cup at the Ambedkar Stadium.
The 27-member team and the support staff landed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in the afternoon and around half the side, including captain Bhaichung Bhutia, left for their hometowns by connecting flights.
The remaining players will leave for their hometowns tomorrow.
Chief coach Bob Houghton made a stopover in Dubai and he is expected to arrive here tomorrow.
The Indian players will re-assemble on August 11 for a short camp at Gurgaon before they take on Palestine in the opening match of the Nehru Cup on August 19.
In their training tour at FC Barcelona facilities, India played four friendly games, all against Spanish third division sides, winning two and drawing as many.
Before the Barcelona sojourn, the Indians had a 10-day training stint in Dubai.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal
- Rajya Sabha accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land