Indian football team returns from Barcelona
New Delhi: The Indian football team returned home after their month-long training tour of Barcelona in preparation for the August 19-31 Nehru Cup at the Ambedkar Stadium.
The 27-member team and the support staff landed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in the afternoon and around half the side, including captain Bhaichung Bhutia, left for their hometowns by connecting flights.
The remaining players will leave for their hometowns tomorrow.
Chief coach Bob Houghton made a stopover in Dubai and he is expected to arrive here tomorrow.
The Indian players will re-assemble on August 11 for a short camp at Gurgaon before they take on Palestine in the opening match of the Nehru Cup on August 19.
In their training tour at FC Barcelona facilities, India played four friendly games, all against Spanish third division sides, winning two and drawing as many.
Before the Barcelona sojourn, the Indians had a 10-day training stint in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’