Indian football team returns from Barcelona
New Delhi: The Indian football team returned home after their month-long training tour of Barcelona in preparation for the August 19-31 Nehru Cup at the Ambedkar Stadium.
The 27-member team and the support staff landed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in the afternoon and around half the side, including captain Bhaichung Bhutia, left for their hometowns by connecting flights.
The remaining players will leave for their hometowns tomorrow.
Chief coach Bob Houghton made a stopover in Dubai and he is expected to arrive here tomorrow.
The Indian players will re-assemble on August 11 for a short camp at Gurgaon before they take on Palestine in the opening match of the Nehru Cup on August 19.
In their training tour at FC Barcelona facilities, India played four friendly games, all against Spanish third division sides, winning two and drawing as many.
Before the Barcelona sojourn, the Indians had a 10-day training stint in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened