Indian football team to play Hong Kong on October 4
New Delhi: Indian football team is set to face Hong Kong in an international friendly on October 4 in Pune, as part of preparation for the 2011 Doha Asian Cup.
Though the All India Football Federation (AIFF) is yet to officially confirm the fixture, the match is listed on FIFA`s website.
The two teams have clashed twice over the last four years, with Hong Kong winning on one occasion and the other ending in a draw. After being held to a 2-2 draw by the East Asian nation in 2006, Bob Houghton`s boys lost 2-1 in 2009.
After playing the last two games on their soil, it will be a good opportunity for India to extract revenge and end their winless streak against Hong Kong in front of the homecrowd.
Besides Hong Kong, India are expected to play two more friendly games in October against Vietnam on 8th followed by Yemen or Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars