Indian football team to play Hong Kong on October 4
New Delhi: Indian football team is set to face Hong Kong in an international friendly on October 4 in Pune, as part of preparation for the 2011 Doha Asian Cup.
Though the All India Football Federation (AIFF) is yet to officially confirm the fixture, the match is listed on FIFA`s website.
The two teams have clashed twice over the last four years, with Hong Kong winning on one occasion and the other ending in a draw. After being held to a 2-2 draw by the East Asian nation in 2006, Bob Houghton`s boys lost 2-1 in 2009.
After playing the last two games on their soil, it will be a good opportunity for India to extract revenge and end their winless streak against Hong Kong in front of the homecrowd.
Besides Hong Kong, India are expected to play two more friendly games in October against Vietnam on 8th followed by Yemen or Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?