Indian football team to play Hong Kong on October 4
New Delhi: Indian football team is set to face Hong Kong in an international friendly on October 4 in Pune, as part of preparation for the 2011 Doha Asian Cup.
Though the All India Football Federation (AIFF) is yet to officially confirm the fixture, the match is listed on FIFA`s website.
The two teams have clashed twice over the last four years, with Hong Kong winning on one occasion and the other ending in a draw. After being held to a 2-2 draw by the East Asian nation in 2006, Bob Houghton`s boys lost 2-1 in 2009.
After playing the last two games on their soil, it will be a good opportunity for India to extract revenge and end their winless streak against Hong Kong in front of the homecrowd.
Besides Hong Kong, India are expected to play two more friendly games in October against Vietnam on 8th followed by Yemen or Iraq.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler