Indian govt offers more assistance to quake-hit Japan
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
has spoken to his Japanese counterpart Naoto Kan and offered any additional assistance Japan may require to deal with the devastation caused by the twin disaster earlier this month.
Singh had a telephonic conversation with Kan yesterday
during which he expressed deepest condolences over the loss of
life and property in Japan consequent to the recent earthquake
and tsunami, the Ministry of External Affairs said in a
release here today.
The Prime Minister said the people and the Government of India stood solidly with the friendly people of Japan in their hour of grief.
"He also offered to make available any additional
assistance that Japan may require. The Prime Minister
expressed confidence that Japan would emerge from the calamity
as an even stronger nation," it said.
The Japanese Prime Minister expressed deep
appreciation for India`s solidarity and support, as the
country coped with the enormous natural disaster.
"He was touched by Prime Minister`s gesture of
visiting the Japanese Embassy to sign the Condolence Book. He
thanked the Prime Minister for the assistance that India had
provided," the ministry release said.
Premier Kan had also written a letter to Prime
Minister Singh expressing similar sentiments, in response to
the latter`s message of condolence sent on 11 March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!