Indian Hotels Q1 profit slides to Rs 16 cr
Mumbai: Economic slowdown, which has impacted the performance of hotel industry across all key markets, Indian Hotels Company, a Tata Group firm, has posted 73 per cent decline in its profit to Rs 16.44 crore for the first quarter ended June 30.
Total income of the company, which operates the Taj brand
of hotels, also dropped to Rs 284.88 crore during the April-
June period of FY`10 from Rs 376.91 crore of the same quarter
last year, Indian Hotels said in a filing to the Bombay Stock
Exchange (BSE) today.
"Total income for the latest quarter declined by 24 per
cent on account of the economic slowdown, which has
significantly impacted the performance of the industry across
all key markets," it said.
"Additionally, the income was also adversely impacted
because of the closure of 287 rooms in the Palace wing of Taj
Mahal Palace & Tower, Mumbai, which is undergoing renovation".
Taj Mahal Palace & Tower was attacked by the terrorist in
November last year, causing damage in the hotel`s property.
Shares of Indian Hotels today closed at Rs 68.25, down
1.09 per cent from its previous close on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day