Indian junior wrestlers bag 7 medals at Jakarta
New Delhi: Indian grapplers won seven medals, including three gold, two silver and two bronze in the recently-concluded Junior Asian Wrestling Championships at Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Indian Junior Free Style Team was crowned the Champion for the first time in history after securing 67 points in the competition.
Korea and Kazakhstan secured 61 points each to grab the second position, while Iran with 60 points stood at the third position.
Amit Kumar (55Kg), Arun Kumar (66Kg) and Sumit Sehrawat (74Kg) won the gold medal, while Deepak (50Kg) and Krishan (96Kg) won the silver, according to a Wrestling Federation of India release.
Pawan Kumar (84Kg) and Hitender (120Kg) bagged the bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!