Indian junior wrestlers bag 7 medals at Jakarta
New Delhi: Indian grapplers won seven medals, including three gold, two silver and two bronze in the recently-concluded Junior Asian Wrestling Championships at Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Indian Junior Free Style Team was crowned the Champion for the first time in history after securing 67 points in the competition.
Korea and Kazakhstan secured 61 points each to grab the second position, while Iran with 60 points stood at the third position.
Amit Kumar (55Kg), Arun Kumar (66Kg) and Sumit Sehrawat (74Kg) won the gold medal, while Deepak (50Kg) and Krishan (96Kg) won the silver, according to a Wrestling Federation of India release.
Pawan Kumar (84Kg) and Hitender (120Kg) bagged the bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie