Indian junior wrestlers bag 7 medals at Jakarta
New Delhi: Indian grapplers won seven medals, including three gold, two silver and two bronze in the recently-concluded Junior Asian Wrestling Championships at Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Indian Junior Free Style Team was crowned the Champion for the first time in history after securing 67 points in the competition.
Korea and Kazakhstan secured 61 points each to grab the second position, while Iran with 60 points stood at the third position.
Amit Kumar (55Kg), Arun Kumar (66Kg) and Sumit Sehrawat (74Kg) won the gold medal, while Deepak (50Kg) and Krishan (96Kg) won the silver, according to a Wrestling Federation of India release.
Pawan Kumar (84Kg) and Hitender (120Kg) bagged the bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?