Indian men`s team in final, Dola in semis
Kolkata: The Indian men`s recurve team entered the second successive final of the World Cup archery series while ace women archer Dola Banerjee entered the semifinals in the individual section in Antalya, Turkey.
The crack combination of Mangal Singh Champia, Jayanta Talukdar and Rahul Banerjee will take on a US team in the title round tomorrow, according to information received here from the Archery Association of India (AAI).
Top seeded India ousted Belarus 224-211 in the pre-quarterfinals while in the quarters, they downed Russia 224-219.
In the last four stage, India defeated Japan 216-213.
India had lost to Italy in the final at the Porec World Cup last month.
At the stage II meet, Dola Banerjee, meanwhile, entered the semifinals of the individual section where she will take on Victoriya Koval of Ukraine on Friday.
Apart from Dola, only Talukdar and reigning cadet World Champion Deepika Mahato reached the quarterfinals before crashing out.
Talukdar went down to Shungo Tabata of Japan while Deepika lost to Inna Stepanova of Russia.
Champia was the disappointing of the lot, losing in the first round to Sermet Chinar of Turkeym while Tarundeep Rai was eliminated in the second round by England`s Simon Terry.
Rahul, having got second seeding, fell to Xiangqing Jing of China in the pre-quarterfinals.
Laishram Bombayla Devi was beaten by Elif Begunhan Unsal of Turkey in the pre-quarterfinals while Rimil Buruily failed to go past the first hurdle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'