Indian National Rally championship from July 23
Coimbatore: The third round of Speed FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship is all set to begin on July 23.
On the first day of the two-day event, the rally will proceed to Palladam and Kethanur Service Park, the hub of the rally, where special stages were being run in and around wind mills farms in Kethanur, around 40 kms from here, D Ram Kumar, Clerck of the Course, told reporters on Tuesday.
The three Special Stages, with a total distance of 114.97 kms, are LMW 11.25 kms, Premier 14.74 kms, Textool 11.80 Kms, repeated thrice, he said.
Claiming that the special stages in this rally were rated as the best gravel stages in Indian Rally circuit by the competitors and also the spectators with excellent safety measures, Ram said the running of event will be closely monitored by Ham Radio with the support of Coimbatore Amateur Radio Club and Kodaikanal Amateur Radio Society.
The Super Special Stage will be held at PSG Ganga Naidu Charities Trust grounds, near City Airport on Sunday and the 2-km long stage has been designed by V R Naren Kumar, seven-time winner of the National Rally Championship, J Prithviraj, Secretary, Coimbatore Auto Sports Club, said.
The event has attracted 40 entries from all over India and the competitors represent various team like Team MRF, Chettinad Sporting, Kumci Sports, Kari Sports, PNR Sports and 20 private and individual participants, Prithviraj said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing