Indian Olympic team`s camp from Friday
New Delhi: India`s 25 probables for the pre-Olympic qualifier against Qatar`s football team will assemble in Pune tomorrow for a short camp ahead of the match later this month.
Desmond Bulpin`s side play the West Asian country on June 19 before meeting them in a return-leg match four days later at the Balewadi Sports Complex in Pune.
All members of the 18-member squad that played against Myanmar in Yangon on March 9 -- except for Subodh Kumar, Malswamfela and Robin Singh -- are among the probables.
The team leaves for Qatar on June 16.
Meanwhile, sources in the All India Football federation (AIFF) confirmed that the senior team`s camp will be held at the Ambedkar Stadium here from June 15 despite confusion over availability of the ground, which is owned by the Municipal Corporation of Delhi.
In a welcome news for sports lovers, Delhi Soccer Association (DSA) officials have informed that the MCD is likely to bring down the booking amount of the ground from Rs 5000 to 500 in a meeting on June 13.
The matter, which was discussed in the standing committee meeting today, is set to be approved by the house on June 13.
"The standing committee that had in September last year passed a resolution to hike the fee, also has the power to reduce it," said DSA vice-president NK Bhatia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj