Indian pulls double-decker bus with his hair
London: Indian-origin Manjit Singh has pulled a seven-ton vintage double-decker bus 21.2 metres with his hair to set a new world record on the Guinness World Record day.
The 59-year-old Ironman from Leicester attached a clamp to his thick ponytail and pulled the vintage Routemaster bus for a distance of 21.2 meters through Battersea Park in central London yesterday.
The day coincides with the fifth annual Guinness World Records Day and thousands of people around the world attempt to set some bizarre benchmarks of their own.
"It was painful, but it was worth it. I could only think about my legs and head and keeping on going to set a record, to go as far as I could," he said after the feat.
Singh, in 2007, had failed to break the record for the furthest distance to pull a double-decker bus with the ears. "I will never be discouraged by defeat, because I know that success can be waiting around the next corner," he said.
"The only way to get there is to try again and stay positive." Singh, who is a security consultant, also said that he had not taken any special training for the event and also does not give any special treatment for his unbreakable hair.
"I just use shampoo, like the kind you can get in any pound shop up and down the country," he said laughingly. The father of four said: "My children think it`s great, they think I`m a real star now."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice