`Indian scientists to train in Israel for N-plant security`
Islamabad: More than 100 senior scientists from India`s Tarapur Atomic Power Plant, near Mumbai, will be soon travelling to Israel to get acquainted with the latest developments in safety norms for nuclear plants, a Pakistani paper said Sunday.
The decision to send the team of 130 scientists was taken at a high-level meeting chaired by Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, a report in the Urdu daily Jang said.
Among other decisions taken at the meeting, also attended by the home and defence ministers and the Atomic Energy Commission chief, was to change the security system at the Tarapur plant. According to the report, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was also present at the meeting.
It was decided to appoint the Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) former director Joginder Singh as head of a committee to oversee the new security systems, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'