Indian shooters continue to dominate in SAG
Dhaka: Indian shooters continued their
dominance, bagging all the four gold medals up for grabs,
including a clean sweep in the women`s 10m air pistol event at
the 11th South Asian Games here on Thursday.
On the third day of shooting event, India bagged four
gold, two silver and a bronze medal.
With today`s exploits, Indian took their medals tally in
shooting to 11 gold, six silver and four medals.
In the women`s 10m air pistol event, India won all the
three medals with Lavleen Kaur bagging the gold (474), Sonia
Rail (473) silver and Sushma Rana (470.9) bronze.
The trio also won the team gold in the 10m air rifle
event with a score of 1126 points. The silver in this category
went to Pakistan (Mehwish Maqsood, Azra Nazir and Tazeem
Akhtar Abbasi, 1108 points) while hosts Bangladesh (Sinthia
Nazneen, Farhana Kausar and Armin Asha, 1078) bagged the
In the men`s 50m pistol event, India`s Om Prakash (547)
pocketed the gold medal, while Poshuk Ahluwalia had to be
content with the silver just one point. Kalim Ullah Khan (534)
of Pakistan took the bronze medal.
In 50m pistol team event, India emerged victorious with
Pakistani (Kalim Ullah Khan, Mohammad Gul Faraz and
Mohammad Shehzad Akhtar, 1586) won the silver while the bronze
went to Sri Lanka (E M Senanayake, N P N Gunadasa and T D S
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth