Indian shooters sweep gold medals at stake on Day 8
Dhaka: Indian shooters bagged all the four gold medals at stake on Friday to assert their supremacy in the
event in the 11th South Asian Games here.
Army shooter Om Prakash was the star Indian performer at
the National Shooting Complex range at Gulshan, bagging four
gold medals in 10m air pistol today. Yesterday, he won a gold
in 50m air pistol.
Indian 50m rifle prone shooter Surinder Singh Rathod also
equalled the previous South Asian Games record score when he
shot 593 for the gold medal.
On the fourth day of the shooting competition today,
Indians bagged four gold and two silver to swell the total
haul of medals in shooting to 15 gold, eight silver and four
Having bagged the top honours in individual and team 50m
pistol yesterday, Om Prakash shot 679.2 in the 10m air pistol
team en route to his third gold.
Another Indian Amit Kumar (673.7) bagged silver, while T
D S Fernando of Sri Lanka (662.2) settled for bronze.
Om Prakash then struck his fourth gold when he, along
with Amit and Sikandar Mann, shot a total of 1716 for the 10m
air pistol team gold.
Pakistan (1184) settled for silver while Sri Lanka (1678)
Praising Om Prakash for his superb performance, Indian
coach A S Dhillon told reporters, "He has bright future. He is very
cool headed, systematic and with some more fine tuning, he can
be a real star of Indian shooting."
In the 50m rifle prone, Surinder Singh Rathod took the
gold while Hariom Singh (591) earned India the second silver.
Local lad Ramzan Ali (589) settled for bronze.
The trio of Rathod, Singh and Devesh Panwar (1766) had a
top finish for the team gold, while Bangladesh (1746) and Sri
Lanka (1745) had a close silver-bronze finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145