Indian shooters win 2 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze in Dhaka
Dhaka: Indians shot to glory bagging two
gold, one silver and two bronze medals on the opening day of
shooting event at the 11th South Asian Games here on Tuesday.
The two gold came in the men`s section when Vivek Singh
clinched the top honours in individual 25m standard pistol and
then combined with Chandrasekhar Kumar Chaudhary and Harpreet
Singh to win the second gold in the 25m standard pistol team
In the individual section, Vivek outskilled Pakistani
Mustkim Shah who had to settle for the silver medal, while
Chaudhary bagged the bronze medal at the National Shooting
Complex at Gulshan, about 10kms from here.
In the women`s section, 13-year-old Mampi Das became the
cynosure of all eyes when she overcame fever to bag the bronze
medal in the 10m air rifle.
Mampi shot 496.6 out of 500 for the bronze medal.
Bangladesh reigned supreme with a one-two finish in the 10m
air rifle women as Sharmin Akhter Ranta (499.4) and Syeda
Sadia Sultana (498.3) bagged the gold and silver respectively.
Battling a fever, Mampi helped her team, which also have
Shruti Bhatepatil and Tejaswini Muley, win the silver medal in
the team event.
Bangladeshi trio of Sharmin, Syeda and Tripti took the
gold, while Pakistani`s Nazis Khan, Nosheen Khan and Nasheda
Naqvi had to settle for the bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test