Indian staff remained optimistic about companies` future in Q3
New Delhi: Indian employees maintained high level of confidence in the future of their companies in the third quarter of this year compared to their global peers, a study says.
As per the study by global HR solutions provider Kenexa, except India, China and Brazil, employees from nine other countries surveyed reported a decline in employee confidence in the third quarter as compared to the previous quarter.
"Globally there was about one point decline in the third quarter 2009 (in the employee confidence index), compared to five point improvement in the second quarter.
"China and India sustained and built very slightly on the improvements seen in the second quarter of 2009, while Japan reversed a second quarter downward trend," Kenexa Research Institute research consultant Anne Herman said.
Global employee confidence, which is a quarterly measure of the degree of confidence employees have in their employers` marketplace competitiveness and their own careers, dropped to 97.9 at the end of September from 98.9 in June this year.
The country-wise employee confidence index score for India was 100.2 in September quarter, rising marginally from 99.6 in June this year, the report revealed.
"Only three countries, China, India and Brazil, are at or above the employee confidence levels first measured in second quarter 2008," the report stated.
In September, Brazil (105.3), China (102.8) and India had highest levels of employee confidence, while Germany (96.7), Japan (95.6) and Spain (93.3) had lowest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them