Indian team to participate in Asian Martial Arts Games
Mumbai: A five-member Indian jujitsu team, including two women, is to take part in the 1st Asian Martial Arts Games to be held in Bangkok from August 1-9.
The team, picked by the Jujitsu Federation of India and sent by the Indian Olympic Association, is to be accompanied by three officials at the Olympic Council of Asia-promoted Games which would feature 1300 sportspersons from 40 countries, a media release said.
A total of 121 gold medals are on offer in 10 martial arts, including the better known styles of judo, karate, kick boxing, taekwondo and kungfu.
This is the first-ever edition of these biennial Games which are going to be regulated by the OCA, the release added.
Team: Abhay Mishra, Lalit Singh, Tarsem Sharma (men),
Sakshi Singh and Surkhab Gul (women).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug