Indian team to participate in Asian Martial Arts Games
Mumbai: A five-member Indian jujitsu team, including two women, is to take part in the 1st Asian Martial Arts Games to be held in Bangkok from August 1-9.
The team, picked by the Jujitsu Federation of India and sent by the Indian Olympic Association, is to be accompanied by three officials at the Olympic Council of Asia-promoted Games which would feature 1300 sportspersons from 40 countries, a media release said.
A total of 121 gold medals are on offer in 10 martial arts, including the better known styles of judo, karate, kick boxing, taekwondo and kungfu.
This is the first-ever edition of these biennial Games which are going to be regulated by the OCA, the release added.
Team: Abhay Mishra, Lalit Singh, Tarsem Sharma (men),
Sakshi Singh and Surkhab Gul (women).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises