Indian team to participate in Asian Martial Arts Games
Mumbai: A five-member Indian jujitsu team, including two women, is to take part in the 1st Asian Martial Arts Games to be held in Bangkok from August 1-9.
The team, picked by the Jujitsu Federation of India and sent by the Indian Olympic Association, is to be accompanied by three officials at the Olympic Council of Asia-promoted Games which would feature 1300 sportspersons from 40 countries, a media release said.
A total of 121 gold medals are on offer in 10 martial arts, including the better known styles of judo, karate, kick boxing, taekwondo and kungfu.
This is the first-ever edition of these biennial Games which are going to be regulated by the OCA, the release added.
Team: Abhay Mishra, Lalit Singh, Tarsem Sharma (men),
Sakshi Singh and Surkhab Gul (women).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?