Indian team to participate in Asian Martial Arts Games
Mumbai: A five-member Indian jujitsu team, including two women, is to take part in the 1st Asian Martial Arts Games to be held in Bangkok from August 1-9.
The team, picked by the Jujitsu Federation of India and sent by the Indian Olympic Association, is to be accompanied by three officials at the Olympic Council of Asia-promoted Games which would feature 1300 sportspersons from 40 countries, a media release said.
A total of 121 gold medals are on offer in 10 martial arts, including the better known styles of judo, karate, kick boxing, taekwondo and kungfu.
This is the first-ever edition of these biennial Games which are going to be regulated by the OCA, the release added.
Team: Abhay Mishra, Lalit Singh, Tarsem Sharma (men),
Sakshi Singh and Surkhab Gul (women).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical