Indian trio create mobile app for BMW
New York: BMW has partnered with three Indians to create a mobile phone application called MyCityWay, which helps people find everything from a place to eat to the closest park to relax in.
BMW has invested $5 million in the company. "I am thrilled to announce that we have just signed our first strategic partnership with MyCityWay," Ian Robertson, responsible for sales and marketing at BMW, said in Munich recently.
"As a mobile app, MyCityWay provides users with information on public transportation, parking availability, and local entertainment for over 40 cities in the US.
"Another 40 cities will be part of the global rollout, including Munich, of course," he added. The creators of MyCityWay are Puneet Mehta from Chandigarh, Archana Patchirajan from Chennai and Sonpreet Bhatia from New Delhi.
"This is a huge boost and vote of confidence," Mehta told PTI. "This brand (BMW) stands for a lot of things," he added. The trio came into prominence when their original travel application called NYCWay was voted by New Yorkers as their favorite in a city-wide competition launched by NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg, last year.
The NYCWay app allows New Yorkers and visitors to the city to check out tonnes of handy information, including live traffic updates, restaurant inspection results, WiFi locations and even local crime data.
The app, the creators say, will soon be introduced in four cities in India -- Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Delhi. The application will also be part of new sub-brand being launched by BMW called BMW I. In a first move, two models will be launched under the new sub-brand from 2013 -- the BMW i3 and BMW i8 -- the company said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!