Indian women win bronze in archery world cup
Kolkata: The Indian women`s team of Laishram Bombayla Devi, Deepika Kumari and Chekrovolu Swuro has won a bronze medal in the recurve team event of the Archery World Cup Stage II in Antalya, Turkey.
According to information received here, the Indian trio defeated their Ukraine opponents 206-197 in the bronze medal play-off on Monday.
For Commonwealth Games double gold medallist Deepika, this is the second medal of the tournament, having won a silver in mixed pair event along with Jayanta Talukdar.
The Indian trio held the upper hand against Ukraine`s Victoriya Koval, Nina Mylchenko and Lidia Sichenikova right from the first end.
The Ukrainian team was the winner in Porec 2010.
Due to Monday`s showing, India finished fourth, having won two medals - one silver and a bronze.
USA (five gold, one silver and one bronze), Korea (2-2-2) and Iran (1-2-0) took the first three spots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured