Indian women win kabaddi gold at Asiad
Guangzhou: The Indian women`s kabaddi team completed a memorable Asian Games debut by clinching the gold medal with a comprehensive win over Thailand in the finals here on Friday.
The Indians beat Thailand 28-14 in a dominating performance to clinch the inaugural women`s kabaddi gold of the Asian Games.
The Indians led 17-7 at half-time after Thailand failed to secure a single lona against India`s two. The Indian team also got a couple of bonus points in the opening half.
The second half followed a similar script and India once again dominated by securing a couple of lonas and getting 20 outs to emerge triumphant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka