Indian women win kabaddi gold at Asiad
Guangzhou: The Indian women`s kabaddi team completed a memorable Asian Games debut by clinching the gold medal with a comprehensive win over Thailand in the finals here on Friday.
The Indians beat Thailand 28-14 in a dominating performance to clinch the inaugural women`s kabaddi gold of the Asian Games.
The Indians led 17-7 at half-time after Thailand failed to secure a single lona against India`s two. The Indian team also got a couple of bonus points in the opening half.
The second half followed a similar script and India once again dominated by securing a couple of lonas and getting 20 outs to emerge triumphant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'