Indian women`s team win a bronze at Asian Air Gun Meet
New Delhi: Indian shooters won a bronze in
the women`s air pistol team event on the concluding day on Monday
to end the third Asian Air Gun Championship at Doha with eight
medal, including three gold.
The team comprising of Shweta Chaudhary (381), Anuraj
Singh (378) and Heena Sidhu (370) bagged bronze in the women`s
air pistol event.
Shweta and Anuraj were also in the top eight, but their
efforts didn`t fetch them medals in the individual group.
Shweta finished fourth, while Anuraj ended up at seventh spot.
With today`s bronze, India`s medal tally swelled to eight
(three gold, three silver and two bronze).
In the youth group today, India`s Ruchi Singh won the
quota place in air pistol event. She shot 369 to finish
seventh, to win passage for 2010 Youth Olympics.
In the junior section, Sonali Peraro was also among the
finalists, but eventually finish seventh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh