Indian wrestlers win nine medals at Asian Cadet C’ship
New Delhi: Indian grapplers reaped rich dividends on the final day of the Asian Cadet Wrestling Championship, winning as many as nine medals, including two golds at Bangkok, Thailand on Monday.
The Indian free style sub-junior wrestlers captured two gold, two silver and five bronze medals as out of the 10, India obtained medal in nine weight categories.
India extended its medal tally to overall 20 medals in 30 weight categories i.e. five Gold, seven Silver and eight Bronze Medals, a release said.
Bajrang (50Kg) and Mahipat (54 Kg) were the gold winners, while Mandeep (69Kg) and Amit (85Kg) won the silver.
Krishan Singh (42Kg), Vikas (46Kg), Kuldeep (63Kg), Sukhdev (76Kg) and Yogesh Bhati (100Kg) won the bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’