Indian wrestlers win nine medals at Asian Cadet C’ship
New Delhi: Indian grapplers reaped rich dividends on the final day of the Asian Cadet Wrestling Championship, winning as many as nine medals, including two golds at Bangkok, Thailand on Monday.
The Indian free style sub-junior wrestlers captured two gold, two silver and five bronze medals as out of the 10, India obtained medal in nine weight categories.
India extended its medal tally to overall 20 medals in 30 weight categories i.e. five Gold, seven Silver and eight Bronze Medals, a release said.
Bajrang (50Kg) and Mahipat (54 Kg) were the gold winners, while Mandeep (69Kg) and Amit (85Kg) won the silver.
Krishan Singh (42Kg), Vikas (46Kg), Kuldeep (63Kg), Sukhdev (76Kg) and Yogesh Bhati (100Kg) won the bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!