India`s Bishnoi wins cycling silver in South Asian Games
Dhaka: India`s Rajendra Bishnoi won a silver
in the men`s 170km road race mass start after being pipped to
the post by Sri Lankan Janaka Hemanth Gonagalage in the 11th
South Asian Games on Tuesday.
In a photo finish, Janaka bagged the gold medal after
edging out the Indian by fraction of a second in the cycling
event held from Bangladesh Krida Shiksha Pratisthan (BKSP)
Khulna to Gopalganj and back, about 300kms from here.
Nisar Ahmed of Pakistan settled for the bronze medal.
All the three cyclists made the distance in four hour, 48
minutes and 34 seconds as the gold, silver and bronze medals
were determined by fraction of a second.
Bishnoi earlier had a team gold to his credit when he
along with Amandeep Singh, Harpreet Singh and Sabu Ganager had
come first in the 80km road team time trial on January 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido
- Car bomb kills 11, wounds 18 in Shaab Shi'ite district of Baghdad: Police
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside
- Ram Jethamalani, Lalu's daughter Misa Bharti file nominations for Rajya Sabha from RJD