India`s Bishnoi wins cycling silver in South Asian Games
Dhaka: India`s Rajendra Bishnoi won a silver
in the men`s 170km road race mass start after being pipped to
the post by Sri Lankan Janaka Hemanth Gonagalage in the 11th
South Asian Games on Tuesday.
In a photo finish, Janaka bagged the gold medal after
edging out the Indian by fraction of a second in the cycling
event held from Bangladesh Krida Shiksha Pratisthan (BKSP)
Khulna to Gopalganj and back, about 300kms from here.
Nisar Ahmed of Pakistan settled for the bronze medal.
All the three cyclists made the distance in four hour, 48
minutes and 34 seconds as the gold, silver and bronze medals
were determined by fraction of a second.
Bishnoi earlier had a team gold to his credit when he
along with Amandeep Singh, Harpreet Singh and Sabu Ganager had
come first in the 80km road team time trial on January 31.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis