India`s Bishnoi wins cycling silver in South Asian Games
Dhaka: India`s Rajendra Bishnoi won a silver
in the men`s 170km road race mass start after being pipped to
the post by Sri Lankan Janaka Hemanth Gonagalage in the 11th
South Asian Games on Tuesday.
In a photo finish, Janaka bagged the gold medal after
edging out the Indian by fraction of a second in the cycling
event held from Bangladesh Krida Shiksha Pratisthan (BKSP)
Khulna to Gopalganj and back, about 300kms from here.
Nisar Ahmed of Pakistan settled for the bronze medal.
All the three cyclists made the distance in four hour, 48
minutes and 34 seconds as the gold, silver and bronze medals
were determined by fraction of a second.
Bishnoi earlier had a team gold to his credit when he
along with Amandeep Singh, Harpreet Singh and Sabu Ganager had
come first in the 80km road team time trial on January 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio