India’s first Aerospace SEZ launched in Belgaum
Belgaum: (Karnataka): Aerospace and engineering major QuEST Global today launched the country`s first aerospace Special Economic Zone here for development and manufacture of aerospace precision engineering products.
Inaugurating the SEZ, Civil Aviation Minister Praful
Patel said India was set to emerge as a major destination in
aerospace engineering after showcasing its strength in IT and
The SEZ has come up on a 300 acre site at an investment
of Rs 150 crore.
"Had India not notched up a faster growth in aviation
sector and acquired a large number of aircraft, its capability
in aviation engineering would not have been noticed. The
offset clause of defence and civilian aircraft purchases had
also helped foreign majors to look at us," he said.
Patel lauded the role played by Karnataka in promoting
the aerospace industry saying "Indian companies based in
Bangalore and Mysore have taken up major works for leading
international aviation companies".
It was important that both the Central and state
governments facilitate aerospace industries which were
positioned well to be the next big players in the sector, he
Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa said the SEZ here would
act as a catalyst to foster economic growth in this region.
"We are in the process of acquiring 5,000 acres of land to
develop industrial clusters across the state", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations