India`s jewellery exports regain sheen in July
New Delhi: India`s gems and jewellery exports, which lost a lot of glitter due to recession in the developed world, are regaining shine with July dispatches showing a rise over June.
Gems and jewellery exports in July aggregated to USD 1.9 billion as compared to USD 1.7 billion in June.
However, the exports in July this fiscal showed a decline of about three percent year-on-year, according to figures released by the Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council.
"There is definitely an arrest in decline of gems and jewellery exports. We are getting orders for the Christmas season," Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council Chairman Basant Mehta said.
The exporters are optimistic about demand picking up again, especially during the festive season.
"We see a turnaround in the coming months... but we need to see whether the arrest (in the exports) continues or not," Mehta added.
Gold jewellery outward shipments recorded a growth of 8.75 percent and coloured gems stones 24.14 percent.
The US and the EU account for 40 percent of India`s total jewellery sales overseas.
The government has announced a series of measures to help gems and jewellery exports in the Foreign Trade Policy.
The government decided to give duty drawback benefits on gold jewellery exports, under a duty refund scheme.
Besides, it also announced the setting up of diamond bourses in the next six months aimed at making the country a global trading hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark