Indo-Pak encounter excites Dutch custodian Vogels
New Delhi: The much anticipated encounter between India and Pakistan on inaugural day of the hockey World Cup would be one of the most exciting matches of the 12-team quadrennial event, feels veteran Dutch goalkeeper Guus Vogels.
Vogels said even though the Netherlands open their campaign the next day against Argentina, it won`t stop him from watching the sub-continent rivals lock horns at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
"The India-Pakistan match would definitely be an exciting one. This match will eventually decide the standing of Pool A. I will definitely watch it," said the 34-year-old custodian.
Even though Vogels was not certain about India`s chances in the prestigious tournament, he feels Pakistan would be a tough contender to deal with during the February 28-March 13 event.
"We played two practice games against Pakistan in Doha before the World Cup and both the matches were tight. Pakistan is very strong in counter attack and no team can afford to give them space. In Sohail Abbas, Pakistan has one of the best drag-flickers in the world," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities