Indo-Pak encounter excites Dutch custodian Vogels
New Delhi: The much anticipated encounter between India and Pakistan on inaugural day of the hockey World Cup would be one of the most exciting matches of the 12-team quadrennial event, feels veteran Dutch goalkeeper Guus Vogels.
Vogels said even though the Netherlands open their campaign the next day against Argentina, it won`t stop him from watching the sub-continent rivals lock horns at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
"The India-Pakistan match would definitely be an exciting one. This match will eventually decide the standing of Pool A. I will definitely watch it," said the 34-year-old custodian.
Even though Vogels was not certain about India`s chances in the prestigious tournament, he feels Pakistan would be a tough contender to deal with during the February 28-March 13 event.
"We played two practice games against Pakistan in Doha before the World Cup and both the matches were tight. Pakistan is very strong in counter attack and no team can afford to give them space. In Sohail Abbas, Pakistan has one of the best drag-flickers in the world," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway