Indo-Pak encounter excites Dutch custodian Vogels
New Delhi: The much anticipated encounter between India and Pakistan on inaugural day of the hockey World Cup would be one of the most exciting matches of the 12-team quadrennial event, feels veteran Dutch goalkeeper Guus Vogels.
Vogels said even though the Netherlands open their campaign the next day against Argentina, it won`t stop him from watching the sub-continent rivals lock horns at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
"The India-Pakistan match would definitely be an exciting one. This match will eventually decide the standing of Pool A. I will definitely watch it," said the 34-year-old custodian.
Even though Vogels was not certain about India`s chances in the prestigious tournament, he feels Pakistan would be a tough contender to deal with during the February 28-March 13 event.
"We played two practice games against Pakistan in Doha before the World Cup and both the matches were tight. Pakistan is very strong in counter attack and no team can afford to give them space. In Sohail Abbas, Pakistan has one of the best drag-flickers in the world," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray