Indore, Bhopal to have international connectivity soon
Bhopal, Jan 15: International flights will soon make it to Madhya Pradesh as the state government set in motion land acquisition process required for expanding airstrip at two airports, Raja Bhoj Airport here and Indore's Devi Ahilyabai Airport.
"The tenders for expanding airstrip to 9,000 meters have been invited and soon it will be finalised. This length of the airstrip is mandatory for starting international flight operations," Indore airport director, R K Singh told reporters today.
Six apron bay, six parking bay and an isolation bay will also be constructed for the purpose, besides the expansion of the terminal building, Singh said adding, a total budget of Rs 70 crore has been sanctioned for this purpose.
Similar process was also set in motion for expanding the airstrip at Bhopal Airport with the state government giving approval for acquisition of 387 acre land of which 98 acre has been handed over to the airport authorities.
"As soon as the entire land is handed over to us the job of expanding the airstrip to the international standards would be completed to enable services of international flights," Bhopal Airport director J P Alex said.
During a recent visit to both the airports, Airport Authority of India (AAI) chiarman K Amalingam also reviewed the preparations for upgrading the infrastructure.
Ramalingam also informed that a new surveillance radar system would be installed at the Bhopal Airport soon, besides plans to set up a new integrated terminal building and a new Air Traffic Control (Atc) tower are also in the pipeline, he said.
At present the runway length of Bhopal and Indore airport is 6,700 and 7,500 meters respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India