Indore, Bhopal to have international connectivity soon
Bhopal, Jan 15: International flights will soon make it to Madhya Pradesh as the state government set in motion land acquisition process required for expanding airstrip at two airports, Raja Bhoj Airport here and Indore's Devi Ahilyabai Airport.
"The tenders for expanding airstrip to 9,000 meters have been invited and soon it will be finalised. This length of the airstrip is mandatory for starting international flight operations," Indore airport director, R K Singh told reporters today.
Six apron bay, six parking bay and an isolation bay will also be constructed for the purpose, besides the expansion of the terminal building, Singh said adding, a total budget of Rs 70 crore has been sanctioned for this purpose.
Similar process was also set in motion for expanding the airstrip at Bhopal Airport with the state government giving approval for acquisition of 387 acre land of which 98 acre has been handed over to the airport authorities.
"As soon as the entire land is handed over to us the job of expanding the airstrip to the international standards would be completed to enable services of international flights," Bhopal Airport director J P Alex said.
During a recent visit to both the airports, Airport Authority of India (AAI) chiarman K Amalingam also reviewed the preparations for upgrading the infrastructure.
Ramalingam also informed that a new surveillance radar system would be installed at the Bhopal Airport soon, besides plans to set up a new integrated terminal building and a new Air Traffic Control (Atc) tower are also in the pipeline, he said.
At present the runway length of Bhopal and Indore airport is 6,700 and 7,500 meters respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!