Infiltration bid foiled, three militants killed
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday foiled an
infiltration bid from across the Line of Control (LoC) by
killing three heavily armed militants in the frontier district
of Kupwara, a defence spokesman said.
The militants were killed in a fierce gunbattle near
Eagle post in northern Tangdhar sector, 140 kms from here,
the spokesman said.
He said the Army had laid multiple ambushes in the area
after noticing movement of militants attempting to sneak into
this side of the border.
The militants were trapped and were asked to surrender,
following which they opened fire, he said.
An encounter ensued in which three militants were killed,
he said, adding a huge cache of arms and ammunition were
recovered from them.
He said the identity and group affiliation of the slain
militants were yet to be established.
A massive search operation has been launched in the area,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way