Infiltration bid foiled, three militants killed
Srinagar: Security forces on Monday foiled an
infiltration bid from across the Line of Control (LoC) by
killing three heavily armed militants in the frontier district
of Kupwara, a defence spokesman said.
The militants were killed in a fierce gunbattle near
Eagle post in northern Tangdhar sector, 140 kms from here,
the spokesman said.
He said the Army had laid multiple ambushes in the area
after noticing movement of militants attempting to sneak into
this side of the border.
The militants were trapped and were asked to surrender,
following which they opened fire, he said.
An encounter ensued in which three militants were killed,
he said, adding a huge cache of arms and ammunition were
recovered from them.
He said the identity and group affiliation of the slain
militants were yet to be established.
A massive search operation has been launched in the area,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights