Inflated bills, water shortage issues raised at Delhi CLP meet
New Delhi: A range of issues such as
inflated bills issued by power discom BSES to a section of
consumers, irregular plying of DTC buses and water shortage in
several areas were raised by Congress MLAs at the CLP
meet held here on Monday.
The meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit,
also saw several MLAs complaining about officials of various
departments not heeding to requests of legislators on matters
concerning public interest.
"Several MLAs raised the issue of inflated power bills
issued by discom BSES. We have requested the Chief Minister to
look into the issue seriously," said a legislator who attended
the CLP meet.
He said the issue of irregular services by DTC in
several localities was also raised in the meeting to which
Dikshit asked Transport Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely to take
The meeting also took a unanimous resolution
congratulating party chief Sonia Gandhi for passage of the
Women’s Reservation Bill in the Rajya Sabha.
The meeting lauded her for being instrumental in
taking forward Rajiv Gandhi`s vision of women empowerment.
It further expressed confidence that the Bill will
soon become an Act, which will ensure greater participation of
women in the decision-making process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video