Inflation of 30 essential commodities over 20% in Nov: Meena
New Delhi: The government today said
wholesale price inflation of 30 essential commodities has
crossed 20 per cent in November.
"The wholesale price index based inflation in 30
essential commodities in the month of November, 2009 was 21.15
per cent compared to 17.91 per cent in October and 18.50 per
cent in September," Minister of state for Finance Namo Narain
Meena told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.
To another query, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said,
the Government is monitoring price situation at regular
intervals and reining inflation is its main priority."
He said while wholesale price inflation stood at 1.34
per cent in October, consumer price inflation for industrial
workers (CPI-IW) was 11.49 in the same month.
However, inflation of 30 essential commodities was 17.91
per cent in wholesale prices index and 17.70 per cent in
CPI-IW, he said.
These two rates of price rise are more or less same
because both indices have same set of goods. The slight
difference is due to weightage given to these commodities in
these indices and seasonal variations.
In reply to a question, Minister of state for Finance S S
Palanimanickam said the Finance Minister has not received any
request from Maharashtra to waive excise duty on sugar and
molasses in order to stabilise their prices during the current
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing