Inflation of 30 essential commodities over 20% in Nov: Meena
New Delhi: The government today said
wholesale price inflation of 30 essential commodities has
crossed 20 per cent in November.
"The wholesale price index based inflation in 30
essential commodities in the month of November, 2009 was 21.15
per cent compared to 17.91 per cent in October and 18.50 per
cent in September," Minister of state for Finance Namo Narain
Meena told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.
To another query, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said,
the Government is monitoring price situation at regular
intervals and reining inflation is its main priority."
He said while wholesale price inflation stood at 1.34
per cent in October, consumer price inflation for industrial
workers (CPI-IW) was 11.49 in the same month.
However, inflation of 30 essential commodities was 17.91
per cent in wholesale prices index and 17.70 per cent in
CPI-IW, he said.
These two rates of price rise are more or less same
because both indices have same set of goods. The slight
difference is due to weightage given to these commodities in
these indices and seasonal variations.
In reply to a question, Minister of state for Finance S S
Palanimanickam said the Finance Minister has not received any
request from Maharashtra to waive excise duty on sugar and
molasses in order to stabilise their prices during the current
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali