Infosys BPO to acquire US co McCamish for initial $38 mn
Mumbai: IT bellwether Infosys Technologies
on Thursday said its subsidiary Infosys BPO will acquire US-based
McCamish Systems for an initial payment of USD 38 million
(about Rs 176.6 crore).
Infosys BPO has signed a definitive agreement to acquire
all the outstanding interests of McCamish Systems LLC, Infosys
Tech said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.
"The upfront consideration for the deal is USD 38 million,
with up to an additional USD 20 million payable to the sellers
if McCamish Systems achieves certain financial targets in the
future," the company added.
The acquisition is expected to be completed later this
"We look forward to this combination with McCamish, and
welcome an exceptional group of professionals with strong
skill sets to the Infosys family who will enrich our service
capabilities in the USA," Infosys BPO CEO & MD Amitabh
The acquisitions is expected to enhance Infosys`
capability to provide complete business solutions for
insurance and financial industries.
"Infosys BPO has in-depth knowledge of the insurance and
financial services sector, and this deal reinforces our
relationship position in providing business platform
services," Chaudhry said.
The combination is likely to enable McCamish to serve
larger portfolio of transactions for clients and expand into
Shares of Infosys Technologies were trading at Rs 2,336
on the BSE, up 1.18 percent from its previous close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy