Infosys most admired Indian company: Survey
New York: IT bellwether Infosys Technologies has been adjudged as most admired Indian company, ahead of Tata Consultancy Services and Bharti Airtel, says a survey.
Infosys has topped the list of 10 most admired Indian companies and is followed by IT major TCS at the second position, according to the survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal Asia.
Telecom giant Bharti Airtel is at the third spot, engineering major Larsen & Toubro has cornered the fourth place and IT firm Wipro is at the fifth position.
Others on the list are Tata Steel (sixth), FMCG major Hindustan Unilever (seventh), HDFC Bank (eighth), State Bank of India (9th) and conglomerate ITC (10th).
The ranking is based on the Asian 200 survey of subscribers of The Wall Street Journal Asia and other business people.
The survey takes into account factors such as financial reputation, vision, corporate reputation, quality and innovation.
Infosys has also been ranked first in terms of corporate reputation, vision and quality.
State Bank of India has topped the list in terms of financial reputation followed by Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries at the second place and HDFC Bank at the third position.
Tata Steel and Reliance Industries have cornered the second and third places, respectively, in terms of vision.
When it comes to corporate reputation, Tata group firms TCS and Tata Steel are at the second and third spots, respectively.
In terms of quality, Larsen & Toubro is at the second position while Bharti Airtel is placed third.
TCS has topped the list when it comes to innovation and followed by Bharti Airtel at the second place. Infosys is at the third spot, respectively.
A total of 2,622 executives and professionals participated in the Asian 200 survey across 12 Asian-Pacific countries.
According to the publication, the multinational winner of the survey would be named on September 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic