Infosys wins 10-year e-gov contract from Commerce Ministry
New Delhi: The country`s second-largest software exporter, Infosys Technologies, has bagged a 10-year e-governance contract from the Ministry of Commerce to develop an e-business portal that will give businessmen easy access to government information.
In the first three years, the government would spend Rs
15 crore in the project. However, the total value of the
contract was not disclosed.
"(At the end of 10th year) we expect this project to be
expanded to cover the whole country and provide over 200
Government-to-Business services as well as other value added
services by suitable private vendors," Commerce Minister Anand
Sharma told reporters after launching the portal here.
E-Governance is the latest business opportunity segment
for Indian IT companies, who are facing slowdown on export
IT firm TCS had earlier bagged two big ticket
e-governance projects -- online application portal of the
Ministry of Corporate Affairs and the online Passport project
of the Ministry of External Affairs.
With the Unique Identification Authority of India project
mooted by the Planning Commission coming up in a big way, IT
companies are heading for big competition to bag e-governance
Under the contract, Infosys would design and develop the
e-Biz platform and establish the support IT infrastructure for
the next 10 years, company`s Senior Vice-President and Head,
India Business Unit, Binod H R said.
The project will be initially implemented in five states
including Haryana, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.
The e-Biz project is among the 27 Central, State and
Integrated Mission Mode Projects (MMPs) under the National
E-Governance Plan of the government.
Through the project, the government aims to create a
customer-centric environment, providing the business community
convenient and speedy access to information and services.
"This ‘single window’ approach will cater to the
requirements of businesses for Government-to-Business services
throughout the business life cycle, namely through the
pre-establishment, commencement, operations, expansion and
when required, closure stages of the business," Binod said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title