Infra, pharma, IT to spur overall biz growth by 20%: ICICI
Mumbai: Private sector lender, ICICI Bank, expects the infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, education and IT sectors to contribute to overall business growth by about 20 percent this fiscal, a senior company official said.
"Things are going extremely well for the infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, education and IT/ITeS sectors. These have been agnostic to the financial crisis of the past few months," ICICI Bank Ltd`s General Manager, Sanjeev Mantri, told reporters here today.
The bank expects its order-book to grow led by an average 20-25 percent growth in these sectors, Mantri said.
"Infrastructure and pharma are expected to grow by around 20-25 percent in 2009-10. Besides, we see a 15-20 percent overall business growth in the SME (small and medium enterprises) segment," he said on the sidelines of an SME Expo.
The country`s largest private sector lender had last year seen a higher growth of 30 percent in its SME business.
"I don`t see the short-term getting impacted because of the turmoil of the last nine months. Export-led sectors like gems and jewellery and auto components were constrained. But, we have seen a recovery in these lately," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her