ING to sell Swiss pvt banking biz for 344 mn euros
Amsterdam/New Delhi: Dutch financial services
major ING Group on Wednesday said it will sell its Swiss private
banking business to Switzerland-based Julius Baer for 344
Both companies have reached an agreement for the all cash
deal worth 344 million euros, ING said in a statement.
Subject to regulatory approvals, the deal is expected to
close in the first quarter of 2010. The transaction would
generate an estimated net profit of 150 million euros.
"The divestment of our private banking activities in
Switzerland illustrates once more that we are making good
progress in executing our `Back to Basics` programme," ING
Group CEO Jan Hommen said.
The Dutch group`s Swiss private banking business has
around 10 billion euros worth assets under its management.
"This sale and the recently announced divestment of our
life insurance and wealth management joint venture in
Australia and New Zealand show ING`s commitment to focus on
fewer franchises and the reduction of the complexity of the
group," Hommen added.
Julius Baer is a leading Switzerland-based private
ING said it was also in discussions about the future of
its private banking activities in Asia.
"Any further announcements on this matter will only be
made when appropriate," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks