Injured Del Potro forced out of Barcelona Open
Barcelona: Juan Martin Del Potro has pulled out of this month`s Barcelona Open claycourt tournament due to lingering tendinitis in his right wrist, the Argentine world number five said on Thursday.
The injury has sidelined 21-year-old Del Potro, the U.S. Open champion, since he lost to Croatia`s Marin Cilic in the last 16 at January`s Australian Open.
He said in a statement on the Barcelona Open website (www.barcelonaopenbancosabadell.com) the wrist was improving but he had been unable to train properly in recent days.
Russian world number six Nikolay Davydenko has also withdrawn due to a wrist injury, leaving third-ranked Rafael Nadal of Spain as clear favourite to win a sixth straight title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police