Injured Del Potro forced out of Barcelona Open
Barcelona: Juan Martin Del Potro has pulled out of this month`s Barcelona Open claycourt tournament due to lingering tendinitis in his right wrist, the Argentine world number five said on Thursday.
The injury has sidelined 21-year-old Del Potro, the U.S. Open champion, since he lost to Croatia`s Marin Cilic in the last 16 at January`s Australian Open.
He said in a statement on the Barcelona Open website (www.barcelonaopenbancosabadell.com) the wrist was improving but he had been unable to train properly in recent days.
Russian world number six Nikolay Davydenko has also withdrawn due to a wrist injury, leaving third-ranked Rafael Nadal of Spain as clear favourite to win a sixth straight title.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children