Injured Del Potro forced out of Barcelona Open
Barcelona: Juan Martin Del Potro has pulled out of this month`s Barcelona Open claycourt tournament due to lingering tendinitis in his right wrist, the Argentine world number five said on Thursday.
The injury has sidelined 21-year-old Del Potro, the U.S. Open champion, since he lost to Croatia`s Marin Cilic in the last 16 at January`s Australian Open.
He said in a statement on the Barcelona Open website (www.barcelonaopenbancosabadell.com) the wrist was improving but he had been unable to train properly in recent days.
Russian world number six Nikolay Davydenko has also withdrawn due to a wrist injury, leaving third-ranked Rafael Nadal of Spain as clear favourite to win a sixth straight title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray