Injured Petr Cech facing month on sidelines
London: Chelsea has confirmed that goalkeeper Petr Cech could be ruled out for up to a month after being injured in training.
According to Sky Sports, Cech injured a medial ligament in his knee during training.
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas confirmed that the 29-year-old would be missing from this weekend’s Premier League clash with West Bromwich Albion.
“Petr Cech yesterday suffered a medial ligament injury and will be out for three to four weeks. It was the end of training, a normal training incident. He fell awkwardly with his weight on top of him,” Villas-Boas said.
“We expected much worse when we saw the incident,” he added.
Cech is likely to be replaced by Portuguese star Hilario.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman