Injured Simon pulls out of Australian Open
Sydney: A knee injury has forced Frenchman Gilles Simon to pull out of the Australian Open, starting on Monday.
Simon has had trouble with his right knee since last year`s French Open but had hoped to play in Australia before the injury flared up again on Saturday.
Simon reached the quarter-finals at last year`s Australian Open, his best result at a grand slam, and was seeded 15th for the first major tournament of 2010.
He was drawn to play Portugal`s Frederico Gil in the second round and organisors are yet to name a replacement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state