Injured Simon pulls out of Australian Open
Sydney: A knee injury has forced Frenchman Gilles Simon to pull out of the Australian Open, starting on Monday.
Simon has had trouble with his right knee since last year`s French Open but had hoped to play in Australia before the injury flared up again on Saturday.
Simon reached the quarter-finals at last year`s Australian Open, his best result at a grand slam, and was seeded 15th for the first major tournament of 2010.
He was drawn to play Portugal`s Frederico Gil in the second round and organisors are yet to name a replacement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev