Injured sprinter Powell taking it `day by day`
Paris: Former world 100m record holder Asafa Powell said Wednesday that he would be putting his programme for the rest of the season together on a "day to day" basis because of injury.
"Since Paris (Diamond League meet), I have had a lot of problems with my groin and that spread to my back and hamstrings," the Jamaican said on the website of the IAAF.
"I have been unable to train at 100 percent. I have been getting treatment twice a day every day and slowly I am getting better."
"My coach (Stephen Francis) and manager (Paul Doyle) have all my races lined up but I am not even aware of what is next. All I am doing is focusing on getting healthy and back able to race. I am taking it day by day."
Powell withdrew from last week`s Stockholm leg of the Diamond League where he had been hoping to challenge compatriot Usain Bolt, the world and Olympic champion and world record holder, and American Tyson Gay in the 100m.
Bolt suffered his first defeat in two years there when beaten by Gay and on Tuesday announced he was cutting short his season because of back problems that affect his striding power.
Powell said: "I knew it is very difficult. To win against these guys everything has to go right on the day. There is no room for error.
"In Gateshead, Gay won the battle and Bolt did likewise in Lausanne, but I don`t like losing to anybody."
"I know that more people are watching when I race against Tyson or Usain. I know that I should be able to beat these guys and that makes it frustrating. All I will do is push myself harder to be ready to win the next time we race."
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5