Intel ships new Atom processors to PC makers
Bangalore: Global chip maker Intel Corporation began shipping its new mobile Atom processors with more features and longer battery life to manufacturers of personal computers (PC), laptops, netbooks and smart devices.
"Computing systems using new Atom processors will debut in early 2012 through leading original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) such as Acer, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, and Toshiba," Intel said in a statement here Thursday.
The third-generation Atom processor-based platform introduces several new features for low-power designs such as netbooks, retail and healthcare IT devices.
Netbooks based on the new platform offer up to 10 hours of battery life, weeks of standby and high-definition video.
Formerly codenamed "Cedar Trail", the chip (processor) has been designed to provide on-the-go computing with longer battery life at an affordable price.
"The integrated graphics media accelerator combined with the memory controller provides enhanced performance and system responsiveness, including an improvement in graphics performance up to 2x compared to the previous generation platform," the statement noted.
The new processors also provide a lower thermal design power and power management features for netbooks and intelligent systems, including healthcare equipment, retail systems and entry-level digital signage.
"Based on 32nm (nanometer) process technology, the processor enables end-users to share videos or photos wirelessly from their netbooks to a television or stream music through their home stereo speakers," the statement added.
Additional features such as smart connect technology allows users to have an instant internet connection as soon as they open their netbook, and have email, Twitter and RSS feeds automatically updated even in sleep mode.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know