Inter advance after stunning Bayern with last-gasp goal
Munich: Holders Inter Milan stunned Bayern Munich with an 88th-minute goal from Goran Pandev to win 3-2 on Tuesday and advance to the Champions League quarter-finals on the away goals rule.
Inter, who also beat Bayern in last year`s final, got off to a dream start with a goal from Samuel Eto`o on four minutes, cancelling out the German team`s 1-0 win in Italy in the first leg last month.
The Bavarians levelled through Mario Gomez and took a well-deserved lead thanks to Thomas Mueller on 31 minutes before missing several good chances to increase their lead.
Inter equalised through Dutchman Wesley Sneijder just past the hour and got the winner through Pandev who fired in from just insde the box with two minutes to go.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?