Inter advance after stunning Bayern with last-gasp goal
Munich: Holders Inter Milan stunned Bayern Munich with an 88th-minute goal from Goran Pandev to win 3-2 on Tuesday and advance to the Champions League quarter-finals on the away goals rule.
Inter, who also beat Bayern in last year`s final, got off to a dream start with a goal from Samuel Eto`o on four minutes, cancelling out the German team`s 1-0 win in Italy in the first leg last month.
The Bavarians levelled through Mario Gomez and took a well-deserved lead thanks to Thomas Mueller on 31 minutes before missing several good chances to increase their lead.
Inter equalised through Dutchman Wesley Sneijder just past the hour and got the winner through Pandev who fired in from just insde the box with two minutes to go.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'