Inter and Eto`o close in on agreement
Rome: Inter Milan are close to agreeing personal terms with Samuel Eto`o over a possible move from Barcelona, the Cameroon striker`s agent said.
Inter representatives met with Josep Maria Mesalles for four hours in Milan before the agent left to return to Spain.
But before leaving he told reporters: "The discussions are going well but now we`re trying to iron out the little details.
"There will be no more meetings today, I`m going back to Spain but maybe I`ll come back again tomorrow."
Inter and Barcelona have worked out a swap deal involving Eto`o and around 40 million euros in exchange for Sweden forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
The two clubs are trying to agree personal terms with the two players before the deal can be finalised.
Inter president Massimo Moratti admitted there was still a little way to go before a deal would be concluded.
"We`re a little far apart but that`s pretty normal," he said. "We quickly found an agreement between the two clubs, now we`re negotiating with the interested parties and each one (Eto`o and his agent) is trying to get the most possible."
Eto`o scored the opening goal for Barca in their 2-0 Champions League final victory over Manchester United in May while Ibrahimovic finished top scorer in Italy`s Serie A last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?