Inter and Eto`o close in on agreement
Rome: Inter Milan are close to agreeing personal terms with Samuel Eto`o over a possible move from Barcelona, the Cameroon striker`s agent said.
Inter representatives met with Josep Maria Mesalles for four hours in Milan before the agent left to return to Spain.
But before leaving he told reporters: "The discussions are going well but now we`re trying to iron out the little details.
"There will be no more meetings today, I`m going back to Spain but maybe I`ll come back again tomorrow."
Inter and Barcelona have worked out a swap deal involving Eto`o and around 40 million euros in exchange for Sweden forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
The two clubs are trying to agree personal terms with the two players before the deal can be finalised.
Inter president Massimo Moratti admitted there was still a little way to go before a deal would be concluded.
"We`re a little far apart but that`s pretty normal," he said. "We quickly found an agreement between the two clubs, now we`re negotiating with the interested parties and each one (Eto`o and his agent) is trying to get the most possible."
Eto`o scored the opening goal for Barca in their 2-0 Champions League final victory over Manchester United in May while Ibrahimovic finished top scorer in Italy`s Serie A last season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway