International sports summit in Mumbai
Vadodara: Some of the biggest names in sports, government and private sector will participate in the two-day “India International Sports Summit” beginning in Mumbai on Wednesday.
According to Chief executive of Trans Stadia Pvt Ltd -- the sports and entertainment company behind the move – Udit Sheth the list of speakers would include Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel and MP Priya Dutt.
The sports world would be represented by 2010 Commonwealth Games chairman Suresh Kalmadi, cricket legend Kapil Dev, Australian cricketer Mathew Hayden, star marksman Abhinav Bindra, ace cueist Geet Shethi, soccer ace Baichung Bhutia and badminton legend Prakash Padukone, Sheth said.
Several other prominent personalities from UK, USA and other countries would also be present on the occasion, Sheth said.
“The summit is inclusive and welcomes all the stakeholders of the sports industry -- sportspersons, government, sporting federations, infrastructure,technology, finance, education, advertising brands, community outreach and entertainment to create a united voice of the industry,” Trans Stadia Pvt Ltd chairman Haresh Sheth said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation