International standard archery range in IAF
Shillong: Eastern Air Command has come up with the first `Centre of Excellence` for archery in IAF with facilities of international standards.
Eklavaya Archery Range was inaugurated by AOC-in-C Eastern Air Command Air Marshal K K Nohwar last evening at the EAC headquarters here in the presence of civil and military dignitaries and senior officers, air warriors and their families.
Demonstrations were given by archers from 58 Gorkha Training Centre, Meghalaya Archery Association, Manipur Archery Association and Nagaland Archery Association.
"Primarily archery as a sports discipline has immense potential to enable IAF and India a podium level finish in national and international level tournaments," Air Marshal Nohwar said.
"Air Warriors will be very happy to select archery as their sporting discipline and with perseverance, dedication they would succeed in bringing glory to themselves, to IAF and the nation," he said.
Secondly, he said archery is a very popular sport in the states of North-East.
"These states have a vast pool of talent and this need to be tapped and groomed for participation at higher levels of competition," he said.
The centre of excellence would aim to harness this talent with the active participation of the government and other related institutions of the states.
"We would be happy to provide all help to polish and promote this talent," Nohwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users