Investors get richer by Rs 1.22 lakh cr in a single day
Mumbai: The total investor wealth on the Bombay Stock Exchange rose by over Rs 1.22 lakh crore today, as upsurge in the global stocks powered the benchmark Sensex to close above the 16,000 points level.
The investor wealth, measured in terms of combined market capitalisation of all listed companies, rose by Rs 1,22,317.93 crore to over Rs 54 lakh crore (Rs 54,37,348.48 crore).
The total market cap of all BSE listed companies stood at Rs 53,15,030.55 crore on Friday last week.
The market remained strong during the day as domestic indices moved up in tune with the global stocks, which surged after the G-20 Finance Ministers in London last week decided to continue stimulus packages to counter the global economic downturn.
The BSE barometer gained 327.20 points to close at a 15-month high of 16,016.32.
The combined market capitalisation of 30-Sensex companies rose by Rs 47,716.89 crore to Rs 24,24,923.94 crore. The market cap of the country`s most valued firm, Reliance Industries, stood at Rs 3,14,868.31 crore.
RIL was followed by ONGC (Rs 2,54,066 crore), NTPC (Rs 1,70,805 crore) and Bharti Airtel (Rs 1,60,075 crore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?