Investors get richer by Rs 1.22 lakh cr in a single day
Mumbai: The total investor wealth on the Bombay Stock Exchange rose by over Rs 1.22 lakh crore today, as upsurge in the global stocks powered the benchmark Sensex to close above the 16,000 points level.
The investor wealth, measured in terms of combined market capitalisation of all listed companies, rose by Rs 1,22,317.93 crore to over Rs 54 lakh crore (Rs 54,37,348.48 crore).
The total market cap of all BSE listed companies stood at Rs 53,15,030.55 crore on Friday last week.
The market remained strong during the day as domestic indices moved up in tune with the global stocks, which surged after the G-20 Finance Ministers in London last week decided to continue stimulus packages to counter the global economic downturn.
The BSE barometer gained 327.20 points to close at a 15-month high of 16,016.32.
The combined market capitalisation of 30-Sensex companies rose by Rs 47,716.89 crore to Rs 24,24,923.94 crore. The market cap of the country`s most valued firm, Reliance Industries, stood at Rs 3,14,868.31 crore.
RIL was followed by ONGC (Rs 2,54,066 crore), NTPC (Rs 1,70,805 crore) and Bharti Airtel (Rs 1,60,075 crore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional