IOA forms Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports
New Delhi: Complying with the directives of the International Olympic Committee, the IOA today constituted the Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports to settle all sports-related disputes in the country.
The ICAS will have eight members -- all retired justices of higher judiciary -- including former Supreme Court judge A R Lakshmanan.
"In pursuance to the direction of International Olympic Committee and decision of Annual General Meeting of the Indian Olympic Association to constitute Court of Arbitration for Sports to settle all sports related disputes, the IOA hereby constitutes Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports (ICAS)," an IOA statement said.
"The Disputes Commission of the IOA will co-ordinate. All disputes in relation to sports under the Indian Olympic Association will be decided by the Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports henceforth," the statement added.
The seven other members of the ICAS are Justices M R Culla, R S Sodhi, B A Khan, Usha Mehra, J K Mehra, Lokeshwar Prasad and S N Sapra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof