IOA forms Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports
New Delhi: Complying with the directives of the International Olympic Committee, the IOA today constituted the Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports to settle all sports-related disputes in the country.
The ICAS will have eight members -- all retired justices of higher judiciary -- including former Supreme Court judge A R Lakshmanan.
"In pursuance to the direction of International Olympic Committee and decision of Annual General Meeting of the Indian Olympic Association to constitute Court of Arbitration for Sports to settle all sports related disputes, the IOA hereby constitutes Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports (ICAS)," an IOA statement said.
"The Disputes Commission of the IOA will co-ordinate. All disputes in relation to sports under the Indian Olympic Association will be decided by the Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports henceforth," the statement added.
The seven other members of the ICAS are Justices M R Culla, R S Sodhi, B A Khan, Usha Mehra, J K Mehra, Lokeshwar Prasad and S N Sapra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?