IOA forms Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports
New Delhi: Complying with the directives of the International Olympic Committee, the IOA today constituted the Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports to settle all sports-related disputes in the country.
The ICAS will have eight members -- all retired justices of higher judiciary -- including former Supreme Court judge A R Lakshmanan.
"In pursuance to the direction of International Olympic Committee and decision of Annual General Meeting of the Indian Olympic Association to constitute Court of Arbitration for Sports to settle all sports related disputes, the IOA hereby constitutes Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports (ICAS)," an IOA statement said.
"The Disputes Commission of the IOA will co-ordinate. All disputes in relation to sports under the Indian Olympic Association will be decided by the Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports henceforth," the statement added.
The seven other members of the ICAS are Justices M R Culla, R S Sodhi, B A Khan, Usha Mehra, J K Mehra, Lokeshwar Prasad and S N Sapra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt