IOA hails Randhir`s re-election as OCA secy gen
New Delhi: The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has hailed Randhir Singh`s re-election as the secretary general of the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) and described the development as a testimony of India`s growing prowess in the sporting world.
"Randhir Singh`s re-election for the record sixth term shows that OCA wants to make full use of his experience as sports administrator," IOA acting president Vijay Kumar Malhotra said in a statement.
He said it is a matter of pride for India that Randhir is also the IOC member and vice president of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF).
"No foreigner has raised any objection about his continuing in these posts for more than two terms," the IOA chief added.
Randhir was re-elected for a four-year term in absentia yesterday as he could not attend the OCA General Assembly meeting at Tokyo because of personal reasons.
"Yet all the 45 countries reposed the trust in him shows the high regards Indian sports administrators have in the International fora," Malhotra insisted.
Malhotra also chose the occasion to come hard on the Sports Ministry for continuously trying to infringe on the autonomy of National Sports Federations (NSFs).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'