IOA want clarification from NADA on dope issue
Patiala: The chairman of IOA`s medical and anti-doping commission Manmohan Singh said the National Anti Doping Agency should clarify whether a few athletes deliberately evaded the recent surprise dope test or it was a lapse on their part
"If these people were not served the short notices for the dope test by NADA, they were innocent. According to WADA rules any athlete can be selected for dope test by giving a short notice and within an hour the athlete has to give sample to the NADA team," Singh told reporters.
"If then the sportsperson does not provide sample, he or she is defaulter. And if notice was not served then technically there is no violation," he added.
Four unnamed athletes skipped the dope test recently during the preparations for the Commonwealth Games at National Institute of Sports in Patiala.
NADA has already started an investigation into it.
Regarding the Commonwealth games, Singh said their job will start from the day Games village is open and will continue till the closing ceremony.
He said that they will follow international rules regarding dope testing for players in CWG.
The rules have been framed by World Anti Doping Agency and all the CWG countries have given their consent for it, he added.
The tests will be conducted at the WADA accredited lab in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India