IOC concerned about London`s venueless sports
London: The International Olympic Committee`s chief inspector has urged London 2012 organisers to make a final decision on the badminton and rhythmic gymnastics venues for the Games as soon as possible.
"I have to express the concern that three years before the Games the venues have not been finalised," Denis Oswald, head of the IOC`s co-ordination commission, said on Wednesday.
Organisers missed the original March deadline to finalise all venues.
The London mayor`s office, seeking to make cost savings of up to 20 million pounds (USD 31.74 million), wants to move the two sports in question from a proposed temporary venue.
"Meetings are going to take place in the coming weeks and we are confident that a solution ... will be found," Oswald said.
"It is urgent that the masterplan be finalised and I hope this will be done by November and presented to the IOC Executive Board in December," Oswald added.
London Games chief Sebastian Coe said he would meet with the two sports next week to discuss the matter.
"We will work towards a resolution by the end of the year," Coe told reporters. "It is not that complicated. They (sports) are going to be in London next week. We want to get it right."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly