IOC implementing Rs 60,000cr worth projects, bets on petrochem
Mumbai: Indian Oil Corp (IOC) is currently
implementing projects worth Rs 60,000-crore, which includes
capacity expansion of refineries and building of petrochemical
The nation`s largest PSU refiner, with investments of
over Rs 20,000-crore in petrochemicals, also expects the
sector to contribute 15 percent revenues in the next three
"We are continuously augmenting production capacities and
upgrading technologies to meet the energy demands of the
nation. As part of this, projects valued at over Rs
60,000-crore are currently under implementation, including a
grassroots refinery at Paradip," Chairman Sarthak Behuria told
shareholders at the company`s 50th AGM here.
"Petrochemicals will be a major driver of IOC`s future
growth. With stabilisation of production facilities and
addition of new product lines and customers during the year,
we expect 15 percent of our revenues to come from this
vertical within the next three years," he said.
IOC has a capital expenditure plan of Rs 12,000-crore for
FY 10, which includes setting up of more retail outlets and
upgrading its refineries to produce Euro III and Euro IV auto
fuels that emit less sulphur.
It is also building pipelines to transport naphtha and
ATF (jet fuel), Director Refineries, B N Bankapur, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley