IOC to increase Haldia refinery capacity by 25 percent
New Delhi: State-run Indian Oil Corporation will raise capacity of its Haldia refinery by 25 per cent to 7.5 million tonnes in one month, its Director (Refineries) B N Bankapur said today.
The company will expand its 12 million tonnes a year Panipat refinery to 15 million tonnes by August, he said.
"We will commission Haldia expansion unit in a months time and Panipat by August," he said.
IOC`s Haldia refinery currently has a capacity of processing 6 million tonnes a year of crude oil. After the expansion, the unit would produce Euro-III and Euro-IV grade petrol and diesel.
The company operates 10 refineries with a total capacity of over 60 million tonnes a year. Haldia is its only coastal refinery and caters to the demand of eastern India.
Bankapur said the expansion of Panipat refinery, which was originally scheduled for March 2010, has been delayed by 4-5 months.
IOC Chairman Sarthak Behuria said the company may need to import 1.5-2 million tonnes of Euro-III grade diesel this year to meet the rise in demand.
"We estimate a shortfall in diesel production this year," he said.
Besides, IOC would import 2.3-2.4 million tons of LPG and some kerosene this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical